Sunday, October 12, 2014

Busy is just a four letter word

If you told me a month ago that things are going to get tougher, I would have laughed and said, "They just can't". The first month by all estimates was tough. But it pales in comparison to what October has been so far. Courses have become much more tougher. I have finally come to the realization that MBA is actually a graduate degree. Additionally, every week we have had numerous company officials come down for briefings, coffee-chats or dinners. And of course, there are those famous/infamous case-study competition. Accenture case challenge is on, there is a brand challenge currently underway and we recently finished Danaher's marketing case study competition. On most of the week days I am in Darden from 8 am - 10 pm. 
In any other place, in any other time, I would be dead tired by now. But business school is a special place with its own rules on time management. People make things work in ways which are just not possible in the real world. Take for example the Darden Cup. To the uninitiated, Darden Cup is a set of sport competitions that happen across the year between sections (there are 5 sections in total within Darden). In the schedule that I just described, people have found time to practice for these games. And every game has had an attendance of more than 200 people. Even professors have showed up to the games!

We have just finished Cricket and Soccer and Section - C has won both of them! (the fact that I am from Section - C is purely a coincidence, promise :)). These games have been the highlight of my Darden experience so far. 

The point that I wanted to make is that anyone who says you can't manufacture time has clearly not been to a B-School.


Section - C's Soccer Team

No comments:

Post a Comment