Sunday, October 19, 2014

Then God said, "Let there be a LT"

MBA is a fact paced environment. Curriculum is tough and your peers are accomplished. This is no place for the light hearted or as the economist professor would have me say, this is no place for laissez-faire attitude. Darden, I admit is no different. Yes, the environment is extremely collaborative which encourages everyone to show their best sides. But at the end, all of us are Type A personalities – ambitious and driven almost to a fault. Something which would be true for any top ranked business school in the world.

The difference in Darden however is in, “Learning Teams” (LT). I am sure all of you by now know that Darden is a 100% case study method. This means that as soon as the class begins the professor opens the case to discussion. No professor walks you through concepts here. The actual learning actually happens a day before with your LT.  LT is carefully designed so everyone brings in different expertise and perspectives.  It is here you get to test your thinking and ask the basic questions. I love my LT. These guys are fun, intelligent, inclusive and humble. Its been only 2 months now but I feel as if I have known them for a while. Darden would be a much worse place without these guys! 



Paloma, Lisa, Colin, Tom, Nick, Adi - LT # 23 (Team MJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment